Who should participate?
• Tourism-Hospitality-Events academic teachers and researchers from Kazakhstan and abroad
• Representatives of T-H-E industry
• Representatives of international companies and associations
• Media covering tourism and events.
Conference languages: English and Russian. Simultaneous translation will be provided.
• Submission of abstracts (see requirements below): 7th March, 2019
• Submission of the final papers: 31th March, 2019
• Registration of all participants, partners and exhibitors: 31th March, 2019.
Suggested fields for presentations during the conference T-H-E Narxoz 2019:
1. New technologies, Artifical Intelligence and Data Science (needs of incorporation of them into the next generation tourism sector development; current limited data; perspectives of statistics research, etc.).
2. MICE Industry – conferences, congresses, incentive travel, exhibitions and business events (lacking of understanding; underdeveloped framework in Central Asia; limited attempt to incorporate policies, etc.).
3. City tourism – culture, festivals, entertainment, clubbing, shopping (concentration of arrivals of foreign tourists; opportunities and threats; underdeveloped destination management policies, brand as a factor of city attractiveness for investors, etc.)
Suggested topics for presentations and debates from the educational point of view:
- Concerted effort needs to be dwelled on courses, practical and professional alike, in higher education institutions to keep up with changing trends and awareness;
- Course offerings need to be updated, valid to enhance the quality of learning among students and professionals;
- Increased efforts to promote the lucrative outcomes and attractiveness of tourism. Case studies could be a good source;
- Advertising, entertainment, promotion and event management related courses must have synchrony and relevance so as to increase the practicality and relevance to students and professionals alike.
- Accreditation of such sources will enhance attractiveness of courses offered by universities.
The conference is part of the Tourism, Art & Business event (more information available on request)
Countdown to the event: